If you are running a hotel business then it is important that you operate with the highest security measures in place, otherwise you could be at risk from theft and this could ward of guests from wanting to use your hotel. There are many actions that you could take to prevent criminal activities or reduce it, with one of the most sophisticated tools being the use of electronic room key cards instead of traditional keys. Although keys have always been the popular choice, electronic key cards are becoming more appealing to hotels as they are value for money and they provide additional security measures.
They have proven to be both a safe and cost-effective way of improving hotel security as they are directly linked to a computer system which staff can monitor and alert if there is a crime. Furthermore, if a card is misplaced or stolen, then they can be simply deactivated meaning that they can’t access any rooms – a huge benefit to guests as they will feel more comfortable using your services.
What are the benefits of a hotel keycard?
Hotel keycards have a number of benefits that can both benefit your business and your customers, making both of your experiences a lot smoother. Some common benefits that are associated with hotel key cards include:
- They are an inexpensive design and are cheap to maintain
- If they become lost or misplaced, then it can be easily deactivated and a new card can be made – meaning that you don’t have to spend money on purchasing a new lock
- You are able to program several cards for the same specific need, which is a lot cheaper than getting key’s cut
- Guests can easily store them in their wallet or in a pocket without them being too bulky or uncomfortable
- The ability to improve security by locking out past hotel keycards, whereas previous keys could have been cut or altered.
What is the purpose of a hotel key card?
The main purpose of a hotel key card is that it can electronically grant you access to a room or certain areas of a hotel complex, making it a much simpler design to that of a key and a lot more beneficial for both you and the hotel. The reason being is that they can keep up to date with how many people are at the hotel and who has permission to the complex – making it difficult for non-guests to access the perimeter. The security benefits from this the most as they can identify any criminal activity and protect your room from would-be burglars.
Whereas a traditional key tends to be bulky and can easily be misplaced by falling from your pocket, a ley card has a modest design which can fit easily into your pocket with minimal risk to becoming lost or damaged. As well as this, they are also cheaper to replace than a key, so if you happen to lose it, it shouldn’t be too costly.